I have [email protected] running on all of my computers, I have run it for quite a while. I have no real reason not to. Now having it setup on the new computer, and watching the usage on the CPU, it is nothing like what I had expected.
On everyt other computer I have used it on, it consistently keeps the CPU usage up at 100% except when it is sending and receiving a new block to work on. On the quad core CPU though, even though it is set to use all of the idle CPU time, it seems to sit between 30% and 50% of the CPU time, it is also getting through pieces quicker than the old computer, despite only using such a small amount of the available CPU time.
No, this does not mean that I have gotten the new computer completely stable. It is close. I am still having a couple of problems. It seems that I cannot reboot. I have to shut it down and then manually power it back on. If I tell it to reboot it will get stuck in an infinite loop of rebooting. The only way around this is to either force it to power down and then switch it back on, or to boot into safe mode and then reboot from safe mode.
This seems to be the only problem remaining. I have a couple of times had the 200gb drive become read only, however, a shut down and then power back on has fixed that.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have put a fan in the front now as well. I accidentally killed my spare 120mm fan (I accidentally put a screwdriver through it. Don’t ask.), so it’s got my only spare 92mm fan in now instead (which is noisier than any of the 80mm ones that I have lying around). This seems to have fixed the problem of one of the drives constantly spinning up and down for no reason. It will definitely have to be replaced by a 120mm fan though as this single 92mm fan is producing as much noise on it’s own as the entire old computer did.