Last updated on November 30th, 2016 at 12:00 pm
Well, I decided to come into uni on a Saturday night, that’s right, a Saturday night, like the good little student I am, and of course, the one thing I need in order to be able to work on this assignment for KIB104 (Media Technology 2), is not available. I have 16gb of raw video, which I cannot transport between computers from the one I originally recorded it onto for a couple of reasons:
- Mac’s won’t write to NTFS (extremely useful…not!)
- FAT32 doesn’t support more than 4gb in a single file.
- My external hard drive is formatted as FAT32 because I need to use it on both Mac OS and Windows.
- For the reason stated above, I cannot reformat the hard drive to a reasonable Mac readable file system so I can copy the video onto it.
- I can’t afford to buy another external hard drive, nor should I have to just for one assignment.
So, this leaves me at uni, on a Mac, at 9:22pm on a Saturday night, with nothing to do and my internet here is capped to 7kb/s. Excellent.
By the way, I hear excess quantities of V can cause heart damage! I think this is something that is worth finding out about. Guess what I’ll be doing instead of my assignment until I decide to go home!